And so, there's this thing...: Judge Judy...

Friday, October 14, 2005

Judge Judy...

Okay, so this post isn't about Judge Judy but she's just so hot.



So unbelievably tired. Where does the time go?

Why do I agree to do things without first checking I have the time to do them?

Tuesday was my birthday which I was made to celebrate against my will. I wanted to do what I always do on my birthday. Stay in on my own, quaff champagne (Taittinger (this year...courtesy of Attitude magazine) and eat strawberries. But was I allowed to do that? Was I? Was I fuck. "You HAVE to celebrate your birthday". Like fuck I do. But in the end, I did and it was pleasant. Drinks, dinner, more drinks.

Since then, I've been insanely busy. Wednesday, had a busy day at work and went to the Bod. to verify some sources. Deeply tedious but necessary. Did a shift at the pub that evening with Max, Amy and some new girl who was catastrophically slow. Okay, she's never worked in a pub but still...she shouldn't need to ask how to make a G & T. I mean, has she been living in a cave? Once again, a member of staff has been hired because she possesses breasts.

On Thursday, I rowed at 7am. It was a good outing despite the river being FULL of novice crews who think it's acceptable to spin in the narrowest part of the river. We also had an altercation with a Catz boat who went past us at full pressure, stopped about 50 meters in front of us, started to spin and then had the audacity to complain that we didn't have a light so they couldn't see us coming(!). Twats. It was all very gentlemanly though. I've NEVER heard anyone swear either on the bank or in a boat in all the years I've rowed. It's not don't. The cox may mumble "fucking twats" into the cox box but that's as far as it goes. It's an unwritten rule of the river. No swearing. Ever.

Work was interesting yesterday. I had a conference in Reading (the chaviest place I've been in a long time) and was pleasantly surprised to see that one of the solicitors there was an acquaintance. We met at a club in London (Fiction) a few months ago. It was weird seeing him in a suit. Anyway, stayed and had a chat and drank some rank wine afterwards it was all very pleasant and flirtatious. Another pleasant consequence on being in Reading is that as I was waiting for the train back to Oxford, I was chatted up and given a phone number! Hurrah! I still have 'it' despite being a year older.

On my return home, I was even more pleasantly surprised to find an invitation to attend a drinks reception at Canada House. Canada House, in Trafalgar Square, is the Canadian High Commission in London. How hot is that? Still don't know how or why I've been invited but I never turn down free champagne. Besides, I look good in black tie.

Currently listening to A Little Respect by Erasure.

On Monday at pink-drinks, I met a couple of very pleasant people I'm hoping I may see again...

I think I've found my next purchase...http://www.blessedherbs.com/photos2i.html

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The interesting people at pink drinks...did you try and put flowers up their noses too?

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home