And so, there's this thing...: I'm back!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I'm back!

Did you miss me? Did you? Huh? You did, didn't you? I knew it...

Apologies for the seemingly interminable delay in posting. I've been to Canada (for longer than I expected) and have been busily trying to shake off jetlag, working at the pub, trying to do some work, spending the weekend in London and stalking my crush.

Yes, a crush. Okay, that may seem juvenile but I am still susceptible to them. Fuck. And no, I don't mean the luscious Marketmosley.

NEWS FLASH!!! I am now the proud owner of a band new, shiny, sexy iBook!!! I've wanted one for ages and bought one when I was in Canadia. I had all sorts of bells and whistles installed on it so it is now the most powerful thing on the planet. It's making me obsolete, but I LOVE it. I THINK it may replace my flip-flops in my affections. Especially as winter is fast approaching.

I have a blind date thing on Friday too. My housemate's boyfriend's flatmate is Deputy Editor of Attitude and asked if I'd be interested in doing a blind date feature. I send in a photo, fill out a questionnaire and hey presto! Get to choose from 3 people. I'm quite pleased with my choice. The other two were repellent. One, I think I recognise from Cambridge (and he's most definitely not on my list of things I miss about the 'Bridge, and the other was just plain awful. I'm not going to mention his name, because that would be evil (message me and I'll tell you), but his best feature is his "tight ass" and the part he admires most in a chap is his "long hard...". Classy.
The one I chose (I'm convinced I've seen him walking around Oxford) wasn't bad looking and seemed quite intelligent.

Since I've been back (September 8), I've worked at the pub (it amazes me that SO many attractive people are drawn to the Jericho Tavern and yet, I never see them around town). Where do they lurk?

On Saturday, I headed to London to meet up with an old friend. Dinner at Carluccio's in Christopher Place, drinks at The Village (where, for once, I was chatted up by not 1 but by 2 (yes 2!!!) chaps, then on to Shadow Lounge where I met several pleasant people. I'm developing a taste for Americans...

Will write more later. I must attend to my toilet.

Currently listening to: nothing. I'm enjoying the sound of silence.

Currently wearing: my dressing gown. Does that turn you on? Does it?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a fantastic blog! Probably the best I have read today! Assorted generic complements!

I know you have always been interested in the used sanitary towel market! All your sanitary towel needs are catered for on my blog! Interest free credit!

Why not come and check it out? I know your life is essentially meaningless anyway! Why not find a new hobby? Sanitary towels are the new tofu!

Best wishes...

4:26 PM  
Blogger Rory Maxwell said...

Oh this is hilarious. Really, it's lifted my spirit and brought me back from the edge that boot-camp has carried me to... one week down, two to go :).

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home