And so, there's this thing...: Me...

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Me...

Well, since I last posted, I've been frightfully busy. If I was the type to use such expressions, I would go so far as to say I've been crazy-busy.

Alternatively, I could just say that I've been really fucking busy.

Rowing: has become deeply tedious. Our Monday cox is a fucking bitch who's quite possibly one of the most repellant females I've ever met. Smelly-Frenchman gets worse too. He is by no means a rowing legend but is constantly giving advice to another rower who speaks little English (he's a scientist) with hilarious results. Also, our new strokeman is a twat.

I've yet to make one of the Tuesday landtraining sessions (due to pub commitments) but I've told the pub I can no longer work on Tuesdays.

On Friday, I went to London for Rick's leaving/birthday drinks. If you've never been to Sway Bar in Covent Garden, you should check it out. I met some interesting people and then headed to Popstarz with James and his mate Jean-Charles or something. It was very noisy and I only heard every other word...
There seemed to be some sort of unofficial Cambridge University reunion at Popstarz. Almost every homo I know there was at Popstarz that night. It was, in most cases, good seeing them again.

On Saturday, Toby was visiting from Birmingham. He decided that we should make like grannies and take tea at The Old Parsonage. Don't get me wrong, I'm all in favour of tea and scones and clotted cream but you can't go wrong with cocktails. Still, it was a pleasurable experience and we had a lot of catching up to do. We then did the tourist thing and I showed him my favourite bits of Oxford, including Borders so we could flick through magazines, including Attitude (page 22). Ahem...
Then, off to the pub for me at 8. It was diabolical. I work with morons and cretins, apart from my housemate (the German) who also works there. A few members of staff do a disproportionate amount of the work and it's not on. It's not fucking on.

Apparently, the pub is haunted too.

On Sunday, I had coffee with Eli and Sam (see some previous post) and then went to the gym with Eli. After the gym, I read the papers (Observer and Sunday Times), went to Borders to flick through magazines, including Attitude (page 22), and then went to the pub to have a drink with the excellent and delightful MarketMosley. What a thoroughly pleasant individual. Bad taste in hats but the rest was fine.

Currently listening to: Landslide by Smashing Pumpkins.

Spending a lot of time making love to my: sexy, shiny, smooth iBook.

Madeleine Peyroux: have a listen if you haven't already. Just makes me want to rub garlic all over my lithe, firm body, slip on a stripy top and a beret and munch on a baguette. The French do 'style' like no one else.

I need a new winter coat.

Autumn in Oxford is beautiful. The sunlight at this time of year makes the buildings glow and the ivy is changing from green to red and orange. Beautiful.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

If you're interested, the style I was aiming for (but admittedly missed) with the hat is best exemplified by the US rapper Common (www.com-mon.com).
If only I were black and had a bit more facial hair, then it would have been a "dope" look. I wonder what Michael Jackson did with his blackness...? There might be some spare melanin lurking somewhere...

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home