And so, there's this thing...: The Pub...

Monday, August 15, 2005

The Pub...

I had my first shift at the Jericho Tavern on Saturday. It was HOT. There were a couple of bands playing in the upstairs bar. Both were really good. One was doing cover versions of some of my favourite tunes. I just can't get enough of A Little Respect by Erasure.

The boss seemed pleased with my 'performance' and asked me to come in on Sunday to sign a contract and some other bits of paper. In all, I signed 17 pieces of paper...there was less paperwork connected to my job at the University (and we all know how bureaucratic Oxford is). Anyway, it went so well that he asked me to do a shift on Sunday too. I was working with my housemate and some bint who not only arrived 15 minutes late but then proceeded to sit down and have a couple of cigarettes and a drink! I couldn't believe it.

Have my next shift at the pub on Tuesday when the pub hosts as jazz night. Should be good fun.

My week now consists of:

mom.-Fri., 9ish-5ish: work
Mon., 7pm: rowing
Tues., 7-11:30: working in the pub
Weds., 7am: rowing
Thurs., 7pm: rowing
Sat., 7-12:30: working in the pub
Sun., 11-5: working in the pub

With bits of Renaissance Literature thrown in.

Currently listening to: Felt Mountain by Goldfrapp

I FINALLY painted my bedroom on Sunday. It is now a lovely cool, pale blue.

I only had 12 Jaffa Cakes over the ENTIRE weekend. My addiction is well and truly in hand.

Despite what MarketMosley may say, urine is sterile. He has clearly never experimented with watersports.

McVities Jamaica Ginger Cake is delicious smeared with butter and lemon curd. Very lardy though. I think I'll stick with Jaffa Cakes.


My newly shorn head is still looking good. Actually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home