And so, there's this thing...: Words of wisdom...

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Words of wisdom...

I'm sure SOME people benefit from 'the glass is half full' type of sentiment, but I don't. I find such phrases meaningless and trite. Have a look at the Globe and Mail article below (please can someone tell me how I link things without having to cut and paste URLs in the body of my musings?).

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20050521/NOTICED21/TPEntertainment/Style

Little bits of advice and words of 'wisdom' are everywhere. You can't leave the house without some well-meaning advertising moron/guru/Oprah wannabe telling me to smile at someone today or exhorting me to take the time to smell the flowers.

I'm not cynical, I just don't want to be told to be nice to people or to take time out for myself. I KNOW about those things. I DO those things. Urging me to do them, cheapens them.

Currently listening to: Disgraceful by Dubstar (what happened to them, by the way?).

Currently contemplating: a haircut.

Currently wearing: blue Cons. I keep buying Cons in the hope that the NEXT pair will be comfortable but they never are. I know they should be but they aren't.

Now listening to: Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder (he's blind, you know?).

1 Comments:

Blogger OrlandoCatastrophic said...

Opening night was supposed to be today but the cast mutineed and the director agreed to postpone it.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home