And so, there's this thing...: Lets talk about me...

Monday, May 23, 2005

Lets talk about me...

Two of my colleagues are leaving next week. This is horrific. One, I'm not bothered about as she's socially inept. And plays badminton. I mean...what is that?!

The other one, I am bothered about as she's a good laugh and is good at her job.

Still...whatever.

It rained all weekend in Oxford. My ass got wet while cycling. That is not good. It's uncomfortable having to walk around with a wet ass. It's not that I object to my ass being wet, I merely object to the method of wetness.

Dinner-off: So, we had our dinner-off on Friday. It went quite well, I think. The food was delicious, the booze was plentiful and we all got up and danced to the sounds of the 80s like the bitches we are. It rocked.

The academic year has gone by incredibly quickly. It's 5th week already. Only 3 more weeks before the undergrads go down for the summer and the city is invaded by tourists and coachloads of language students. Oh, if only all tourists were like the Japanese- polite, well groomed, non-shouting, non-spitting, non-littering, they would set an excellent example for the fucking chavs who are born and bred in Oxford.

Currently listening to: Down by Suede (one of the best bands of all time).

Currently eating: Multigrain Ryvita (looks like dried shit but tastes pretty good).

Currently regretting: not bringing an umbrella with me to work.

Currently missing: the mental stimulus of being a student. I want to be in a library. Give me a library or give me death.

Currently re-reading: essays I wrote as an undergrad. Fuck me, I used to be able to write critically, structure arguments logically, argue points of view I didn't agree with etc...I miss that.

Watching this week: Star Wars II (not sure what it's called though) before I see the new one. Also not sure what it's called.
-Desperate Housewives. Absolutely brilliant.
-The first League of Gentleman episode ever. It came free with the Sunday Times.

Purchased over the weekend: the most rank sandwich I've had in a long time. It was more bread than filling and the bread was dry. DRY. I not only paid an extortionate sum for it but I queued for what seemed like hours too. Anyways, I purchased the misleadingly named 'sandwich' and proceeded to walk to Magdalen thinking I would take advantage of the brief dry spell and enjoy my 'sandwich' whilst watching the deer. No such fucking luck. I got to the bench and unwrapped my 'sandwich' in anticipation. My mouth was watering at this point. Just as well, as I needed as much saliva as possible to actually swallow the first bite. I thought, rather charitably, that the 'sandwich'-maker had just neglected to ensure even filling distribution of said 'sandwich' and that subsequent bites would result in orgasmic epiphany. But no. Bite number 2 was no better. I almost wept.
Anyway, I went back to the 'sandwich' shop with my 'sandwich' and said politely' excuse me, but this 'sandwich' is more bread than filling. Please may I have a bit more filling (avocado, spinach and sun-dried tomato)?

'You buy another sandwich' said the man, not at all politely.

I was flabbergasted.

I protested. I tried to reason with him. I pleaded. But to no avail.

Fucking bastard.

By that time, it was too late to enjoy my sandwich anyway so I just left. Hanging my head (not so much out of sorrow but because I didn't have the strenght to lift it).

Next time, I'll be giving M & S my custom. At least the spotty youths there are polite.

Now listening to: Catch The Wind by Donovan.

Does anyone want to give me a LOT of money for nothing? I hope so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home