And so, there's this thing...: I'm feeling fruity...

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I'm feeling fruity...

So far today, I've eaten:

2 bananas
2 apples
1 pear
1 bunch of grapes
3 satsumas
4 dates

I will have the most amazing dump tomorrow. Maybe even tonight.

Got my appraisal notes today. They are very good. I am very good. Apparently. How to translate that into a pay raise? Any ideas?

It was raining earlier in Oxford but it's now sunny and warmish. I had a meeting with vaguely important people from outside my office so I've put on a shirt, tie and jacket. This, once again, prompted comments like 'my, don't you look smart today' and 'if I was 20 years younger, I'd fancy you'. I was frightened. Apparently, my usual office wardrobe of jeans/cords and a t-shirt or hoodie doesn't make me look good. Well, I think I look pretty damn acceptable when I'm dressed like me. Actually.

Okra is not a pleasant vegetable. It is too slimey.

Currently listening to: Stand by REM. I knew Michael Stipe was a gayer before he did...

I'd be interested in knowing who reads this. I'm assuming people do read it. You read it, right? Right?

The Queen is in Canada at the mo. I like the Queen and I'm rather fond of Canada (having grown up there) but not fond enough to move back. The Queen goes about her business without getting into too much trouble. Charles is okay too. And Camilla has a sexy voice. I like deep, husky voices on women. The Queen, sadly, does not have a deep husky voice. She has quite a girly, high-pitched voice. But she looks hot in a tiara.
Canada loves all things English. And why wouldn't they? Tea, scones, Mini Coopers...what's not to love?

Wimbledon is almost upon us. One of my housemates will be playing (not centre court though) but still, it's an opportunity to gorge myself on strawberries and cream, no? Maybe even champagne. That's hot.

Em.

Max is also coming up to Oxford on Saturday but he's not told me. I only found out by reading his blog (which isn't nearly as good as mine). What can this mean?

Does anyone know of a recipe for violet martinis? Raoul's in Oxford does quite good ones (not as good as 1 Aldwych, though) but they are really expensive and I'm sure could be improved upon.

I think I might try speeddating. Maybe the pink variety.

I was telling a mate who is going to NYC about a place called Big Cup. I'd heard a lot about it so I went when I was in NYC last month. It wasn't too heinous but would have been better if the staff and clientelle were different. And a lick of paint wouldn't have gone amiss either.

Currently listening to: Yes Sir, I can Boogie by Baccara. One hit wonderdom at its best.

Currently watching: the clock...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home