And so, there's this thing...: A gaggle of gays at Shakespearean plays...

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

A gaggle of gays at Shakespearean plays...

Not really.

Not a gaggle at all. But a FEW.

Last weekend was rather theatrical. I saw a play, auditioned for a play and was offered a part in a play.

The play I SAW was The Tempest. There were buckets of water being thrown around, lurid jumpsuits and a drooling Christian.

The play I auditioned for is The Rover by Aphra Behn. I didn't think I'd get the part as I thought the audition was CATASTROPHIC. But, on Sunday...

I got a call from the director saying he'd like to offer me the part. I was quite pleased until I saw a copy of the whole play. It's really fucking long. I have loads of lines to learn. Shit. This wouldn't be a problem, ordinarily, but the play is in 6th week (two weeks from now, for those of you not familiar with Oxford terms). I'm in several kinds of shit...

Still, the director is pleasant and seems to know his stuff and the rest of the cast aren't too, too shy-making.

EVERYONE should read Vile Bodies by Evelyn Waugh. Actually.

I've had 3 hours of rehearsals today. It's not good.

Last night, I cooked dinner for some friends to celebrate Bescher's birthday. The menu consisted of:

Pear, Stilton and celery soup.
Pasta Sardegna
crusty bread
Cosmopolitan salad (blame Delia...I don't come up with the names)
Chocolate-orange cake with Cointreau cream icing.

We then went to Heaven in London. Which was SWEATY.

Hopefully going to Prague in June for a long weekend.

Currently listening to: 2 Wicky by Hoover. This song is pure sex.

Currently wearing: grass-stained jeans as the rehearsal for The Rover was outdoors.

Currently sporting: several mosquito bites. Fuckers.

Currently coveting: lip salve.

Currently drinking: not enough.

That's hot.

HOT.

Now listening to: Don't Look Back Into The Sun by The Libertines.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rory Maxwell said...

Congratulations on the play!

1:01 AM  
Blogger OrlandoCatastrophic said...

I think that should be "commiserations on the play"...

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home