And so, there's this thing...: AAaaarrrggghhh...I am so damn clever...

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

AAaaarrrggghhh...I am so damn clever...

Shit, shit, SHIT!

Evil Bosslady's even more evil bosslady, who was my evil bosslady last year came into my office. Usually she knocks before entering but the door was open and I was happily blogging away. 'What's 'blogger? ' she asked as I tried in vain to close the window before she saw it. 'Doesn't look very work-related.'

No fear though. I looked her straight in the eye and said 'oh, it is work-related. A friend of mine does the same job I do at UCL and he keeps me abreast of what's going on there.' I think she bought it. She LAPPED it up. She was BEGGING me to tell her more. I resisted though.

She was also wearing the most hideous thing ever. I was shocked. Usually she power dresses and has commented on my 'casual' approach to dressing for work.

Damn I'm good.

I'll probably get my P45 later today...

The man from Pickfords came again yesterday and put sticky labels on my chair, desk, monitor, keyboard and mouse. How the hell am I supposed to use the mouse with a bloody great sticker obstructing the ball underneath? Moron.
Anyway, as he was putting stickers on everything, he casually mentioned that the stickers aren't very sticky and I'll find that they come off so he'll secure them with tape. Now, bearing in mind that a HUGE part of Pickfords' job is to put stickers on your stuff so they can move it accurately and efficiently does anyone else think it's beyond stoooopid that they have crap stickers to do this? Stickers are an integral part of their business. It's like a bathroom without toilet paper.

Currently listening to Sven-G-Englar by Sigur Ros.


http://aneedlessdistractionforme.blogspot.com/ is FINALLY gracing Oxford with his presence this weekend.
Not sure I can be bothered though. I might be washing my hair.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rory Maxwell said...

One day you'll get caught... she'll ask about some goings-on at UCL and you'll find youself babbling on about nonsense.

Wash your hair on Sunday... come play on Monday. God knows you only wash it on a monthly cycle anyway.

12:23 AM  
Blogger OrlandoCatastrophic said...

My gift of being able to babble on about nonsense got me through my undergraduate years...so there.

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home