And so, there's this thing...: Coup...

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Coup...

There has been a coup (of all things) in Canadia! I knew my people would rise up against the tyranny...Yay!

Currently listening to: O Canada (the national anthem).

The last few days have been hard on my liver. Oh so hard...

On Friday, Chapelboy, Chapelboy's visiting cousin and James the Singer came around for supper. The meal was, as usual the best thing they'd ever tasted. The accolades were coming thick and fast and after a while (admittedly, a long while) it just got embarrassing. We drank an awful lot. If we'd stuck to wine, we'd have been fine but we moved on to spirits and that's what did for us. Choirboy and cousin left around 1:30 and James left around 2:30. It was a very pleasant night.
The highlight, well, for me, anyway was when Chapelboy removed his sweater and his t-shit went with it. OMG is all I can say. I think my jaw may have visibly dropped.

Now listening to: Love Machine by Girls Aloud

Up at 6 on Saturday morning to make our way to IKEA and then Dover to catch the ferry to Calais. A word of advice, if you've never been on a P&O ferry- don't. It was diabolical. It was quite possibly the largest gathering of chavs I'd ever seen. And, AND, they were immensely fat and spent the voyage shovelling lard into their mouths. MEGA-sized full-fat soft-drinks in one hand, deep-fried lumps of lard in the other. It has to be seen to be believed. Really. I thought I'd seen it all, but then there was the voyage back...SeaFrance is the way forward. Certainly the way to France.

Anyway, in Calais, we went to several booze emporiums, ate at a catastrophically mediocre restaurant and came back laden with over 100 bottles of wine, 4 bottles of vodka, 3 bottles of gin, 3 bottles of whiskey, 3 bottles of port, 24 bottles of good champagne, 24 bottles of slightly less good champagne, jam, nibbly things for the party, beer, and a bag of brioches for me. I rock. Oh yes I do!

Bit of a sticky moment at the Immigration check thing in Dover though. We were in a German car and the Immigration Man asked how long we were staying in the UK. The German didn't know what to say so he said "indefinitely". The Immigration Man didn't like that one bit. No sir...he didn't.

On Sunday, I took myself off to Chapel (without Barnaby who has missed most of the services this term and is surely going to Hell as a consequence) and had Chapelboy sitting next to me. Sadly, Chapelboy smelt of cooking odours. But I still fancied him, obviously. Obviously. After Chapel, James invited me to MCR brunch. Disappointing at best. So much carbohydrate but little else. After that, we went to the Grand Cafe (nice room, terribly over-priced though and you get treated like shit if you only want coffee).

Now listening to: Tomorrow by Slightly Drawn

On Sunday evening, Sweet Barnaby, Lovely Annie and I went to the Advent Service in Magdalen Chapel. It was soporific. After the service, we and James went to Cafe Zouk for supper (mediocre food, worse service. Everyone always raves about Cafe Zouk but it's, like, waaayyy over-rated and over-priced). After supper we went to the bar in Pizza Express (good room, cosy by night, light and airy by day) for a drink and then on to G & D's opposite Christ Church for something sweet.

Monday morning was spent on the river. It was an average outing. The best thing about it was that the river was deserted.

Observations:

-The LRB has the best personals column ever. Absolutely hilarious.
-I am FINALLY off the newsstands as a new issue of Attitude is out.
-I am not terribly enamoured by my job. I'm hoping this is just a phase.
-I am no one's type.
-I miss my parents (I will, of course, never admit this to them).
-I am the best dressed person I know. Just kidding! (or am I)?
-The fatter the people, the smaller the clothes they choose to wear.
-It is difficult to be vegetarian in France.
-Facebook is the best thing ever.
-Friendster, not so much.
-Fat people obviously don't know that black is slimming, preferring instead to clothe themselves in garish pink and lime green. Fools.
-The Belgians are a strange people.
-I am always cold.


Now listening to: God Save The Queen (England is my home now, you see?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home