And so, there's this thing...: Manners...

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Manners...

I used to think no one apart from me wrote thank you cards/notes anymore until I received a charming card from House today. I say "House" but he'll respond to any name I choose. And like it, too. Thank you House.

On Friday, Anthony came 'round for supper. I had a very pleasant evening and I hope he did too. We chatted about this and that and realised we know lots of people in common. He also introduced me to some great websites. On Saturday, I woke up with a mega hangover and steeled myself to face the morons who clog up the streets of Oxford on a Saturday. I was on a mission to find a suitable costume for Tuvia's Hallowe'en party. In the end, I went as a surgeon. I borrowed some scrubs, acquired by Kat from the hospital (she's a medic), a lab coat acquired by Alice from the Biochemistry Department(she's a Biochemist) , I purchased a fake stethoscope and a HUGE plastic syringe (I'm a consumerist) . I had myself a name-tag that read "Dr Love" and off I went. Surprisingly, everyone apart from 1 person was in fancy dress. That one person was ostracised and made to feel ridiculous and very small. Poor him. Anyway, there were lots of Vampires/Draculas (Draculii?) and a large number of gladiators. It was very homoerotic. I like a bit of homoeroticism.

Currently listening to Facts of Life by Black Box Recorder. Such and under-rated band.

I met some interesting people at the party. There were a few lawyers, a few investment bankers, a few doctors, a few students and several people who did nothing at all. Oh...to be a Trustafarian. Fuckers.

On the oxford Tube, I strategically placed myself next to the rowing boy I've been stalking. He has amazing arms but his shoes were truly catastrophic. Diabolical, even. We had a long chat about rowing, our subjects, iPods etc... and swapped numbers.

Staggered back to Oxford on Sunday morning at 10am and raced to chapel. The preacher was the Chaplain of Hertford College who was at Cambridge at the same time I was and knows a few people I know. It's freaky the way that keeps happening. I met her after the Tyndale Lecture last week at drinks at the Warden's Lodgings at Hertford. She asked if I always slurred my speech (I was slightly drunk) and I asked if she always looked so Sapphic. Anyway, she preached (praught?) very thoughtfully and sent me a lovely email the next day saying we must get together sometime. I suggested coffee. She replied saying she doesn't like coffee but does love pints(!). That's my kind of Chaplain.

Spent the first 10 minutes at work today watching one of my colleagues pick his nose. I tried to look away but I was transfixed. There is something strangely mesmerising about someone picking their nose.


BESCHER IS ARRIVING ON THURSDAY!!!

Hot! Hot!! Hot!!!

This evening, I'm going to a McKinsey recruitment event at Exeter College. I don't want to work for McKinsey, of course, I'm just going to see Josh who I've not seen in ages. Josh was at Cambridge when I was and he skipped off to McKinsey after Part III Maths and is now the lgbt rep type person. Should be good fun. House is going as are a few other pleasant people.

Now listening to: Tongue by R.E.M.
Now looking: very stripy.
Now feeling: very ropey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home