And so, there's this thing...: Things are on the up...

Friday, November 25, 2005

Things are on the up...

I've been suffering from a fuck-off HUGE abscess on my gum(s) (I'm never sure if it's plural or not) for the last few days. I rang up my doctor, barely able to speak to ask for an appointment. The bitch said 'no'. NO?! I mean, what the fuck. Why do I pay such exorbitant taxes? Certainly not for some sour-faced bint to say 'no' when I am in serious pain. This would never have happened in my beloved Canadia. I'd have rung my doctor, he'd have said, 'as it's an emergency, come by whenever and I'll squeeze you in'. I'd have left the office in less pain, clutching a prescription for some subsidised drugs and my doctor would have made $50 in 10 minutes. But not in this country. My doctor is of the grin and bear it school of medicine. Fucking bitch.

ANYWAY, the dentist sorted me out. I had to go private but it was worth it.

Off to France tomorrow for cheap booze! Yay! (more than one exclamation mark is so common).

The new series of Little Britain is slightly disappointing. Ting Tong the Thai Bride is not as amusing as I'd hoped.

I think MarketMosley and I should team up to write a pilot a la Jerry and George in Seinfeld. It would be, like, the best thing ever.

Currently listening to April Fools by Rufus Wainwright

This evening, hot chapel boy is coming around for supper. I'm quite looking forward to it. For a South African, he's pretty amusing and didn't object to me giving him sartorial advice (he had far too many buttons done up on his suit).

On Sunday, I think I'm marshalling for the Isis Winter League. I have marshalled in Cambridge but it can't be that different can it? Can it? I hope so. Marshalling in Cambridge was a disaster. I ended causing collisions rather than preventing them.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular but you are the stupidest person I've ever met AND you're really fucking dull.

Now listening to some track by 'Clap Your Hands Say Yeah'. Good band.

Facebook is addictive. I mean it. I spent more hours on Facebook than I did at the gym or on the river this week. Not good. What if I become one of those FAT people I keep seeing? That would be truly catastrophic.

People I miss and have been thinking about a lot:

-Johnny McK (my liver has been almost healthy since you left)
-Oli W (I plucked you from obscurity)
-Tristan J (we shared a toilet seat for a year)
-Helen T (my neighbour in my first year at Cambridge)
-Ed S (filthy, filthy, filthy)
-David P (filthier, filthier, filthier)
-Brian N (my partner in debauchery in DC)
-Mark B (my soon to be partner in debauchery in DC)

I used to spend a lot of time with these people and now they've all gone and left me. They are scattered, variously, around the globe and I don't like it. No, I don't like it one bit. Fuckers.

The political situation in The Gabon is bad. Real bad. Of course, it's gotten worse since the so-called 'election' in 1993.

I don't actually know anything about the political situation in The Gabon but I thought I should say something vaguely political as most people do in their blogs. Besides, The Gabon is in Africa, which says it all, doesn't it? I could have pretty much substituted ANY African country for Gabon...

Now listening to: Gloria from Mozart's Coronation Mass

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home