And so, there's this thing...: McKinsey...

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

McKinsey...

Ugh...I feel rough. Went to the McKinsey recruitment think yesterday. It was a good laugh. Josh and I reminisced about Cambridge days and generally caught up with what we were up to. Chatted to a few McKinsey people and a few Oxford people I'd not met but recognised. The evening started with drinks, followed by dinner then an open bar. An OPEN bar. It was wonderful. People tentatively asked for G & Ts, pints, whiskey etc...it all went to hell when people started asking for bottles of champagne. A good night. Yes...a very good night.

I'm suffering now, though. I suffered most of the night in fact. Catastrophic night's sleep.

Selfridges is like, waaaayyyy better than Saks, Neimans, Macy's, Harrods etc...despite what Gene the KcKinsey partner says.


Currently listening to: I Melt With You by Nouvelle Vague.

Had lunch at Magdalen with Ivan, who is possibly the slowest eater on the planet. I won't be making that mistake again. I dread to think what would happen if he was faced with a 3 course meal (the norm at my house, although I sometimes skip the cheese board. Actually).

This evening, I'm off to chapel at Magdalen. The music is Faure's Requiem (in honour of All Soul's Day) which is sublime. After chapel, I might go to Patty's yoga class and then grad drinks which will be diabolically, wrist-slashingly boring but MIGHT be good. Might.


I am still reeling from Hetracil. Only in the States...

Now listening to: Your Secrets by Belle & Sebastian. I wish they'd do another album.