And so, there's this thing...: Voyeurism...

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Voyeurism...

Teenage Fanclub is good, no?

Oxford is cold and miserable today. It's been raining all day and my thighs are wet from cycling in the rain. Ordinarily, I wouldn't object to wet thighs, but I'd rather the cause of the wetness was more pleasant and titillating.

I had a deeply tedious meeting this morning with some very provincial people. All very sweet and earnest but ever so simple. They were amazed by the venue, amazed by the view, amazed by the coffee and biscuits, amazed by lunch...sweet but oh so annoying. At what kind of place do these people work? I was so touched I offered to host the next meeting. I've booked a room in the Ashmolean Museum. They'll cream themselves. They'll fucking cream themselves. Sadly, they are terribly unattractive and I am the youngest by about 10 years so no chance of sex.

The high point of the meeting was discreetly staring at the Secretary. She looked like Catriona from Absolutely Fabulous.

The other high point of my day, has been watching the naked people in the flats opposite my office. They are always there, in various states of undress. Not unattractive so I'm not complaining or anything. They must be exhibitionists as they can't not see me staring at them from my desk.

So far today, I've eaten:

1 bowl of porridge
1 banana
2 satsumas
8 crisps (ready salted)
1 cup of coffee (organic and fair-trade, actually)
2 cups of tea (organic and fair-trade, actually)
1 cup of licorice and fennel tea (organic and fair-trade, actually)
I am so hungry it's unbelievable. Dinner at Magdalen this evening where, I hope, the food will be good and plentiful (it usually is).

Currently listening to Wrecking Ball by Viva Voce

BSP (Big Straight Phil) failed, but FAILED, to book us in for black tie dinner at Green College, Oxford (the last such dinner this term, I might add). I am barely coping with this crushing blow. On a brighter note though, Rory is coming up for cocktails at The Duke of Cambridge on Friday and Phil is joining us.

Tomorrow, I'm going to the Said Business School to watch 'Mandelay', the last Lars von Triers film with Alexandra, Max and several other reprobates.

Now listening to: Freak Like Me by Sugababes

Damn...naked man has put some clothes on.

I've booked my flight to Toronto in April. Even though I'm going for 8 days, I'm only using 3 days oh holiday. I LOVE the extended University closure periods.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rory Maxwell said...

Do you ever cook for yourself? You seem to drift from one college dining room to the next.

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home