And so, there's this thing...: Housman & Hunger...

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Housman & Hunger...

I'm going through an Housman phase. Again...it happens every spring. Not sure why though...

Because I liked you better
Than suits a man to say,
It irked you, and I promised
To throw the thought away.

To put the world between us
We parted, stiff and dry;
`Good-bye,' said you, `forget me.'
`I will, no fear', said I.

If here, where clover whitens
The dead man's knoll, you pass,
And no tall flower to meet you
Starts in the trefoiled grass,

Halt by the headstone naming
The heart no longer stirred,
And say the lad that loved you
Was one that kept his word.

Currently listening to the Japanese national anthem. Not the words, just the music. Limewire is incredible.

Quotes I've read/heard recently that speak to me:

" I drink to make other people more interesting"
"You will pay for your excessive charm"
"She does everything. And very quickly"
"Why do you want to get married? Marriage just splits people up"
"I get knocked down but I get up again, nothing's gonna keep me down"
"What a stupid gay"
"Early to bed and early to rise might make a man healthy, wealthy and wise but it don't make him cool, it don't make him fun, it makes him a little bit lazy, a little bit crazy, a little bit boring..."


So far today, I've consumed:

2 fried eggs courtesy of Magdalen College
A ladle of baked beans courtesy of Magdalen College
2 tinned tomatoes courtesy of Magdalen College
A bowl of porridge courtesy of Magdalen College
1 apple Mueller Rice courtesy of Magdalen College
1 cup of coffee courtesy of Magdalen College
2 dates
2 tablespoons of psyllium husk
3 litres of water
1 cup of vanilla Earl Gray tea
1 cup of Marigold Vegetable bouillon
1 cantaloupe (over-ripe)
2 Nairn's Rough Oat biscuits

I am starving. STARVING.
I've given up wheat for lent and I'm chronically hungry as a result. Like 'Dr' Gillian McKeith. Only I look good.

Now listening to: Killin' Time by the Matt Lewis Band

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home