And so, there's this thing...: Film...

Friday, August 05, 2005

Film...

Yesterday, I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. BRILLIANT film. Johnny Depp, is, as usual, amazing. Some people say I'm a bit like Mr Depp...

They don't really say that at all, I'm afraid.

This weekend, Rick (with whom I've recently been reunited) is coming up to Oxford. When I say he's 'coming up to Oxford', I mean he's visiting, not he's going to be studying here. When he leaves Oxford, he'll just be leaving, not 'going down' which is the term used to describe leaving Oxford for vacations. For example, you'd say, "I came up in October and went down in June".

In any case, Rick is doing neither.

Yesterday, we had a session in the Tank. It was good but tiring. The fucking coach really worked us. Once again, everyone was dripping with sweat and once again, the chlorine saved me from retching all over the place. I must introduce the crew to some of the many fine 'antiperspirants' on the market. These 'antiperspirants' are readily available at reasonable cost.

This morning, I had the usual break-down/analysis e-mail of yesterday's outing. As usual, the spelling and grammar were dire. Anyway, we should be gearing ourselves up mentally for City of Oxford Regatta. Apparently. We have to focus on looking good in the boat. Because, as EVERYONE knows, looking good in a competition is the way to win?!

Currently listening to: Quaemadmodum by Taverner, sung by The Sixteen

Sublime.

Busybody is back from holiday and has had a haircut. She now looks like a butch dyke/man. That's hot.

I've been watching The O.C. before work in the morning. It's become quite ridiculous. Why do the Cohens not have a spare bedroom despite living in an enormous house? And the bint that plays the Cooper girl has got to be the worst actress ever. Summer and Seth are my favourites. Ryan is a retard.

I'm thinking about having my hair cut really short. Shorter than I've ever gone before. For those of my faithful readers that know me, should I do this? Will really short hair suit me or will it just look like I have a huge testicle on my shoulders?

Now listening to Whir by Smashing Pumpkins.

I called my parents yesterday to tell them when I'd be coming. I could easily have emailed this information but I thought it would be nice to hear the joy and elation in my parents' voices as I told them the joyous news. There was no joy or elation in their voices. I almost wept. I mean, what were they thinknig? I'm their second-born, their pride and joy, their son who isn't a complete waste-of-space bastard. I'm flying halfway around the world to see them...

Parents are strange.

Does anyone remember 'skorts'? I'm not sure they made it to the UK...

Currently wearing: flip-flops, stripey polo shirt and a skort.

Not really. Silly rabbit...skorts are for fat women.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home