And so, there's this thing...: Laptops...

Monday, August 01, 2005

Laptops...

I want to buy one. I'm thinking an Apple of some description, as they are sexy. And I want an excuse to go to the uber sexy Apple store in Regent Street. Thoughts? I had my heart set on a Mini Mac, but apparently, it would be foolish to buy a computer I can't take everywhere I go. So, laptop it is. I'm so damn amenable.

Weekend:

Well, went to London, as planned. Got the Oxford Tube to Victoria then two stops on the Tube to Vauxhall. I was met at Vauxhall by the lovely Tuvia who I'd not seen in 3 weeks. That's the longest we've gone without seeing one another since we met.

Anyway, Tuvia's swish new flat is about 7 minutes fromn the Tube station. It's a lovely flat. 3 bedrooms, living room with huge windows and a kitchen with a gas cooker. GAS! Gas is amazing to cook with. Electric may be safer but it's just not the same for cooking with. We ate and drank and headed to Fiction. On the way there, Tuvia remarked "now, I know you won't know anyone there but I'll introduce you to some people." Oh, okay, I thought. That'll be nice. So, we get to Fiction and within a minute of standing in the queue, I hear someone calling my name. It was a colleague from work I'd had a meeting with that morning. I'd suspected he was a bender but wasn't sure. Turns out he is. We chatted then went our seperate ways. While checking my coat in, I felt a poke in the ribs. It was Richard! I'd not seen Richard for 3 years. He used to live a few doors down from me when I lived in swanky Newnham in Cambridge. But we'd lost touch. It was good seeing him again. Anyway, by the time we left at 4am, I'd bumped into 7 people I knew. Weird. We then went to A:M, which was less pleasant and stayed til 9. I won't be going back there again. It was unbearably not, there was no booze, the music was awful, sweaty, shirtless people were rubbing them selves against me, the toilets were diabolical. DIABOLICAL.

Got back to Oxford at 6pm on Saturday and slept for a very long time. Got up and watched Bertolucci's 'The Dreamers'. Eva Green is beautiful. Absolutely stunning. Very pale nipples, though. French women have a certain fragile beauty that masks very willful, strong characters. And they're just so damn chic.

Currently listening to: Where Happiness Lives, by Magnet.

A new member of staff will be starting in my office next month. I thought he was a bender but he was talking about his upcoming honeymoon. He wears a ring on his index finger. On his fucking index finger. That's quite gay, no?

1 Comments:

Blogger OrlandoCatastrophic said...

I knew it! Maybe he married a man?

How are you? How was Dot Cotton?

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home