And so, there's this thing...: Sun, breeze, stench

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Sun, breeze, stench

It's beautiful in Oxford today. The sun is shining, there is a warm breeze. I'm not wearing a jacket. This is a good thing because my sweater is a bit whiffy today. The thing is, I left it in the washing machine for a couple of days and it now smells mouldy. I thought not wearing a jacket and having said sweater exposed to the elements would rid me of its smell but no. Evil bosslady caught me sniffing myself this morning. She wanted to know if I'd taken up smoking and was trying to detect the stench of smoke. I just said 'yes' as it was easier than telling her about the washing machine incident. She'd only have advised me to get a tumble drier. Then I would have had to retaliate by saying I'm not the one on a huge salary who lives in an 8 bedroom house in North Oxford (one of the swishest bits of the country for those of you not in Spireville) and being the environmentally conscious person that I am, would prefer to allow clothes to dry naturally rather than use colossal amounts of electricity. All in all, smoking seemed the easy way out.

I might actually take up smoking. I've been meaning to for ages (smokers just look sooooo cool) and the smoke would mask the mouldy smell.

Currently listening toWhat's Love Got To Do With It by Tina Turner. Good song. She rocks (for a geriatric).

1 Comments:

Blogger Rory Maxwell said...

I forgot how amusing (in a good way) you are... DoC soon? I may be a man of leisure shortly.

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home