And so, there's this thing...: Social butterflies...

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Social butterflies...

I have been stung by Max's accusation of infrequent posting. From now on, I will post daily. DAILY, MOFO, daily...


On Friday, Phil and I had a drink at the King's Arms followed by drinks at New College. FREE Drinks at New College. FREE, STRONG drinks at New College. It doesn't get much better than that. The only place in Oxford where the gins and tonic contain wwwaaayyy more gin than tonic. They were almost unpleasantly strong but we knocked them back all the same. We were joined by Alex, Max and Sophia and we bumped into Oz! and Kahleen. After drinks we went to Merton's where cool but slightly chubby bloke from a few weeks ago bought us drinks. After Merton's we walked back to our bikes but were waylaid by a party at the University Church. At the party, Phil and I chatted with Simon. I thought Simon was rather pleasant. Phil thought he was a moron. BSP was jealous. JEALOUS! Anyway, we left the party and I carried Phil on my back, apparently, to our bikes where he assailed a breeder couple and offered to go home with them. They declined. Fuck, I thought, I'm going to have to be Phil's bitch tonight. Fortunately, Henry rang just then asking if I wanted to come over. I screamed 'yes' and off I went.

On Saturday, I had coffee with Glenn and a stroll around the Botanic Gardens. We chose a lovely tree beneath which to sit. We had a good ole chinwag until a bird shat on Glenn's had. The lovely tree had a lovely big nest in it and Glenn ended up with a lovely big turd on his hand. I pissed myself. I rang Barnaby to ask if we could borrow his sink (Barnaby's room overlooks the Gardens) to wash Glenn's shit covered hand.

At 17:15, I made my way to Holywell Manor where 3 shiny coaches were waiting to whisk a bunch of us to Festival Pier in London. New College MCR had organised a cruise up and down the Thames. He had a drink at Festival Hall then boarded the boat at 8. We ate, drank, danced and made merry with New College, Balliol and Magdalen MCRs. It was great fun. I met several interesting people, 2 complete cunts, 1 mythical boyfriend and a partridge in a peartree...
One of those is a lie.

The mythical boyfriend in question being James' man. I say mythical as they can't be seen together on their own, they can't hang out together in case someone sees them, they can't fuck in public...I mean, what is the point? I have a more intimate and physical relationship with the postman than they do with one another.

The cruise was eventful for Sophia as well as she discovered that she is a lesbian. 'Nuff said.

Had a lazy day on Sunday. Tossed a frisbee around with Max, Alex and Elin, went for a walk around the University Parks with Barnaby. Ended up in Parson's Pleasure where dons used to sunbathe in the nude and had formal hall at Lincoln College followed by drinks at the King's Arms.

Currently listening to: Kelly Watch the Stars by Air
Currently regretting not having an umbrella with me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

maybe i was a little jealous... has he called you?

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home